The National Labor Relations Board regional director's Order Approving Modification of Supplemental Decision and Direction of Election provides details about who is eligible to vote in the election on Dec. 7 and 8.
Per the decision, the bargaining unit consists of:
- All student employees who provide instructional services, including graduate and undergraduate Teaching Assistants (Teaching Assistants, Teaching Fellows, Preceptors, Course Assistants, Readers and Graders);
- All Graduate Research Assistants (including those compensated through Training Grants); and
- All Departmental Research Assistants employed by the Employer at all of its facilities, including Morningside Heights, Health Sciences, Lamont-Doherty and Nevis facilities.
Excluded: All other employees, guards and supervisors as defined in the Act.
Eligible to vote will be all bargaining unit employees who:
- hold an appointment or a training grant in a unit position in the fall semester 2016, or
- are course assistants, graders or readers who are on the casual payroll and who worked an average of 15 hours per week or more in a unit position in the fall 2016 semester through the date of the Supplemental Decision and Direction of Election
- have held a unit position for either the fall, spring or summer during the prior academic year.